Monday, January 18, 2010

Some days, someday.

Today has been a difficult day. A really difficult day. This week has been a trying week. A very trying week. These last two months have been turbulent, this quarter has been challenging. This past year has been amazing, though. Probably one of the best years of my life so far.

A friend called me today and as I talked to him and cried, he asked what it was I needed. I thought and wondered, and I envisioned myself at 80 years old, with grey hair, wrinkles, arthritis. I imagined myself feeling content, full of love, sitting in a quiet location, and satisfied as I reflect back on a life well lived. That feels like what I want right now. In this moment, that thought feels good to me.

I guess these are the types of times that help us appreciate life and that satisfy the soul in the grand scheme of things. A well-lived today should lead to an appreciative tomorrow, right?

2 comments:

  1. I guess this would fall under the "old things" category- things about life you just can't explain.

    ReplyDelete