Sunday, October 11, 2009

Temptation

I did something late last night
That wasn’t very good.
I told myself I wouldn’t,
Though knew secretly I would.

I tried my very best to stop
And turn the other way.
But once temptation closed its grasp
I couldn’t get away.

Once inside my fingertips
It seeped inside my head.
It changed the ways my eyes perceive
And flicked away my dread.

Suddenly I wanted more
As hunger grew inside.
The predator was now unleashed-
Desires couldn’t hide.

It was as if it wasn’t me
Proceeding to go on
Without a drop of conscious soul
To wager right or wrong.

Once temptation had its fix
It fled immediately.
Leaving there with blood on hands
The innocence of me.

Feeling hate and full disgust
From what I had just done.
Feeling crippled from my guilt
Though I was not the one!

It wasn’t me who did all this!
I was not even there!
Yet ultimately stains are on
My hands, alone to bear.

So I must keep this secret then
Within my soul inside.
If I confess I won’t again
There is nothing to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment